Reporting a Concern or Complaint

The Children’s Aid Society of Toronto aims to provide the highest quality service to families and children. If there are concerns about our services, we want to hear about them. Our hope is to work together with you to resolve concerns and improve our service.

If you have such a concern or complaint, please bring it to the attention of your Worker and/or the Worker’s Supervisor. If the concern is not resolved with the Worker and/or Supervisor, you can ask to involve the Branch Director. If at any time you would like to access a formal mechanism to resolve your complaint, you are welcome to contact our Manager, Client Services who is available to hear your concerns. We have a formal process to review your complaints as required by the Child Youth and Family Services Act and the Manager, Client Services can further explain this to you.

The first step in the formal complaint process is to download and complete a Formal Complaint to a Society’s Internal Complaints Review Panel (ICRP) and submit it to your local society by delivery, mail, fax or e-mail.

If the CAS of Toronto is your local CAS, the completed complaint form can be delivered or mailed to the address: "Manager, Client Services, Children’s Aid Society of Toronto, 30 Isabella Street, Toronto ON M4Y 1N1" or fax: 416.324.2485 or email to

Or locate your local Children's Aid Society

Certain concerns may also be brought to the Child and Family Services Review Board (CFSRB). For further information about that process click here.

Additionally, the Ontario Ombudsman has the authority to investigate concerns about a Children’s Aid Society. If you have not been able to resolve your concerns in other ways (i.e. as described above), you can contact the Ombudsman’s Office.

Click here for a printable PDF version of the complaint form