(June 17, 2021) Toronto – Today, the Children’s Aid Society of Toronto (CAS of Toronto) released its 2020–2021 Annual Report entitled, Focus. The report showcases CAS of Toronto’s commitment in a powerful way of focusing this past year on navigating new terrain to ensure that children, youth and families in our community have the resources and support to overcome challenges and thrive.
Some highlights include:
- 8902 Screening Cases Opened (Total number of calls reporting abuse, neglect, seeking information and community links)
- 644 Children and Youth in Care Served
- 75,964,098 media impressions and 365,996 Social media impressions
- 292 Black/Bi-Racial Children in Care Served
- During the pandemic, volunteer drivers completed approximately 522,065 kilometres
- (from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2020)
- 185 total active volunteers at this time
The agency also highlighted how it had to quickly shift FOCUS, given the COVID-19 pandemic while remaining focused on the importance of its commitment to its strategic directions, notably Championing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion through everything that they do.
“The past year has been one which has underlined the need for focus, not only by Toronto CAS, but for our partners and the communities we serve. Every family, every parent and every child has been hit by this pandemic,” says Board Chair, Margot Trevelyan.
Alicia Pereira, Director, Communications, Children’s Aid Society of Toronto,
(416) 605-8246 | email@example.com