LEAD - Strategic Priority #1
Lead change through
innovation, excellence and evidence-informed practice.
- Establish & expand service collaborations with mental health experts.
- Pioneer Child and Youth Advocacy Centre.
- Explore shared services for Intake Screening.
- Integrate new information systems.
- Intensify recruitment for kinship and adoption.
- Utilize a new supervision model.
- Pilot collaborative service interventions with identified communities.
STRENGTHEN - Strategic Priority #2
Strengthen services to children and families through collaboration, strategic community partnerships and advocacy.
- Increase collaboration with key community service providers in children and adult mental health and addictions.
- Enhance stakeholder engagement and feedback.
- Increase collaboration with identified ethno/racial/cultural equity-seeking communities to enhance our response to their service needs.
- Reinforce quality assurance practices in regard to out-of-home placements.
- Optimize permanency plans for children and youth in out-of-home placements.
- Prepare and support children and youth to transition to community-based care.
- Optimize integration of new technology to evolve service delivery and administration and create efficiencies.
ENHANCE - Strategic Priority #3
Enhance responsive and transparent communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be proactive and thorough in communicating issues affecting the organization and child welfare field.
- Communicate with collateral service providers in new ways.
- Increase visibility internally and externally of CAST activities on priority issues of mental health, housing, and income security.
- Make communications accessible in keeping with AODA.
CREATE - Strategic Priority #4
Create an informed and accurate understanding of the purpose
and value of CAS of Toronto.
- Utilize social and local community-based media to deliver messages and stories about CAST
- Improve communication with clients regarding mandate, service delivery processes, quality assurance, & feedback opportunities.
- Participate in community events.
ENSURE - Strategic Priority #5
Ensure financial sustainability.
- Manage resources to meet existing and projected service and organizational needs.
- Promote permanency strategies for children and youth who are admitted to care or at-risk for admission to care.
- Utilize shared services where cost-benefit analysis is positive for CAST.